Wednesday, February 27, 2013

How Can Educational Leaders Use Blogs?


I enjoy blogging on a personal level, but I have not given much thought to it at the educational level. You can take ideas or lessons plans that you have created that have turned out great and share them with others. I believe STRONGLY in "why recreate the wheel?" Sharing ideas with others is the first, and if I am truly honest, and only way I thought you could use a blog for education. But, after reading the Dana text and writing and rewriting this particular bog I have thought of a couple more ideas.

1. Document a meeting-Have a person at the meeting become the blogger. If everyone follows that blog you can them comment and have an ongoing record of the meeting and the ideas that come from it.


2. Suggestions-If your courtesy committee is looking for suggestions on activities you can post a blog and have staff members offer suggestions in the comments section.

3. Skip a meeting-I know that we all have 1,000 things that we need to do and going to a meeting is the last thing I want to do at the end of the day. If you created a blog you could post a question or situation and the members would need to respond within the week. Just like we do for our discussion posts.

4. Class Blog- You could set up a class blog where students AND parents would be able to interact about information that is presented in class. The students could help each other through problems, the teacher could post homework, the parents could see that they DO have homework or ask a question.

I think blogging could be a very valuable tool used in education. Now to find time to do so...

1 comment:

  1. Alise,

    I really like your idea of creating a blogsite for your class. I think that this would be a an awesome way to keep the parents and students connected to your lesson. It also puts them in charge of their learning because they are having to help each other out on things that they may need help with. I think that the kids would love it since they all seem to only want to participate in activities nowadays that involve some sort of technology. Your blogsite looks amazing too! My site is not as creative as yours. I am not so good with technology.

    Would you mind responding to my blog? Thanks so much!

    Laura

    ReplyDelete