Friday, July 25, 2014

Graduate school is over...now what?

I learned so much while in graduate school.  I learned not to procrastinate.  I learned I clean a lot more when I was suppose to be studying.  I also learned to ask for help when I needed it.  If not for our Facebook page dedicated to all of us going through this process, I am not sure I would have made it.  For my Action Research Project, I looked into and study and documented the effects of adding purposeful movement while learning.  The data that was collected was unbelievable.  Because of the results that we had on our campus, I was asked to share my data with other campuses in the district and later on with all of the principals.  Since then I have presented the information to after school coordinators, principals, and at conferences for administrators and P.E. people.

So here I am, done with graduate school and a month away from the beginning of the school year and I think, "Now what?" Just like the Facebook page that helped me through Graduate school I want to create a place to help others.  I want to help educators.  I want to help day cares.  I want to help parents.  I want to share my ideas for classrooms, labs, and at home.   I have become very passionate telling everyone that I can about the benefits of movement and learning.  We are past the days of sit and get.  Sitting and doing a worksheet is not beneficial.  They need to be up and moving.

I am not sure where this blog is going to go or how I am going to do it, but this is where I am starting.  Until next time....

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for sharing your thoughts. I agree that this was a great experience and I learned a tremendous amount of information, not only about education, but about myself as well. Great job on the ARP and in sharing your results! Good luck to you as you continue building your career.

    ReplyDelete